Part-time Driver/Warehouse Person
We are currently seeking to fill a post for a Driver / Warehouse Person based at our Newton Abbot site.
The role will entail delivering and collecting goods from our Charity shops and from private homes (as required) and working in our warehouse with donated goods; principally clothes, furniture and electrical items.
We would welcome hearing from you if you:
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Be able to drive a long wheeled based transit van or similar
- Be tidy and organised ensuring that stock is kept stored safely and in the appropriate area
- Sufficiently competent to ensure good Health and Safety practice is observed at all times
- Able to properly manage refuse and use the recycling centre when necessary
- Fit enough to spend long periods working on their feet and lifting and carrying stock
- Promoting the Sanctuary through courteous driving and observing speed limits at all times
- Capacity to be flexible in terms of working hours / days as required by the role
This is a part time role of 15 – 30 hours per week, depending on the needs of the business. Generally working days during the working week and a weekend day on a rota basis, however this can be discussed at interview.
A flexible approach to these days will be required and is very important.
Rate of pay is £10.42 per hour plus contributory pension scheme and uniform.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for this position is 24th June.
Vacancies Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form
Please download the documents below and attach them when submitting your application form.Application form Equal opportunities monitoring form
"*" indicates required fields
Visit Our Sanctuary
Get Some Advice
Support the Charity