Return to Need Horse Advice?

Reporting a welfare concern

“It is the moral and legal responsibility of anyone who sees an animal that is being cruelly treated, in distress or in poor health, to make every effort, to alleviate its plight.” – NEWC

If you’re aware of a horse in trouble, we may be able to help – either in advice or investigation. We’re only able to operate within the Southwest of England, but we may be able to refer you to a more local or national organisation.

  • If your question is not urgent,  please contact us.
  • If your question or concern is urgent, please ring us. Outside office hours there is a recorded message giving an emergency number.

If you’re reporting a welfare concern in the Southwest of England, please try to have the following information to hand:

  • What’s the concern?
  • Describe the horse as well as you can. Colour, size, and whether there are any other horses on site.
  • Any details you may have about the owner of the horse or the land, and any history you may be aware of.
  • Good directions to the site, including postcode if you can find it.
  • A contact number for yourself if we need any more info.