Organising an event
- Choose something you enjoy. You might have to spend lots of time planning or training so make sure you’re enjoying it along the way.
- Create a list of all the groups of people who can help you with your fundraiser. Start close to home with family and friends and work your way out to colleagues and local businesses.
- Make sure you plan ahead. Keep your target in mind and factor in any materials you have to buy or training you have to complete. For example, if you’re running a marathon, create a training programme so you’re prepared for the big day.
- Let us know about your fundraising efforts and we’ll give you as much support as we can.
- Celebrate your amazing achievements! You’re helping us to help the beautiful horses and ponies.
Setting a target encourages your supporters to donate more money. Make sure you’re realistic about what you can achieve but don’t be afraid to aim high. Let your supporters know how much it really costs to help the ponies in our care.
- £50 could be used to buy a new rug to keep our horses and ponies warm during the winter
- £25 could buy a passport
- £10 could buy a basic grooming kit
- £5 could buy antibiotics for a poorly horse
Promoting your event
Use a range of social-media platforms to share your event or challenge. Post on your JustGiving page at the end of every month so you can capture donations on pay-day. You can also add a profile banner advertising your fundraising efforts, or change your profile picture.
Tell us your story
You’ll find that donations come from the unlikeliest of places so make sure to tell us about your fundraising challenge and we can share it with our supporters on social media and by email.
You inspire us and you’ll certainly inspire others!
Paying-in your funds
You’ve raised funds and you’re ready to put them to work for mares and foals across the southwest of England. First of all, please know how much your dedication and generosity mean to us. Secondly – please send us what you’ve raised!
Pop cheques in a secure envelope and post them to us at The Fundraising Team, The Mare and Foal Sanctuary, Unit 2, Olympus Business Park, Kingsteignton Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2SN.
Make sure to include your sponsorship forms, any cheques, made payable to The Mare and Foal Sanctuary, and a note telling us about your amazing fundraising efforts.
You can pay your funds to us directly through JustGiving. If you have set up a JustGiving Fundraising page, the money will be transferred directly to us.
You can pay in your donation over the phone by calling Supporter Services on 01626-882660. Our friendly Supporter Services team will also be able to provide you with details of how you can pay in your funds by BACS.