For 30 years the Mare and Foal Sanctuary has given lifelong, life-changing loving care and support to horses and ponies. We’re dedicated to developing deeper knowledge and better practice on how to give every horse and pony their best life.
The Rosemary Kind Research Fund at the Mare and Foal Sanctuary is a new annual grant fund to support evidence-based research focused on improving the lives of horses and ponies and the humans who live and work with them.
What are we looking for?
We welcome applications from dedicated scientists who want to undertake research studies that support the application of knowledge to drive practical change. Studies should have a tangible benefit to equine health and welfare and enhance our understanding of human-equine relationships. Our priorities are:
Human behaviour change:
- to increase our knowledge and understanding of existing practice and perceptions of equine owners/ keepers and riders
- to generate positive changes in practice promoting owner/keeper and rider responsibility
- to evaluate the impact of human behaviour change interventions
- to evidence the impact of human-equine interactions on both the human and equine participants
- areas of specific interest include education, equine partners in Equine Assisted Services and rehoming
Ethical management and training to enhance equine quality of life:
- to generate evidence to support practice which enhances equine quality of life
- to evaluate the impact of climate change on equines and/or environmental impact of equines
- to evaluate sustainability within British equine populations
Register your interest
Register your interest to receive more details when the applications are open, using the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org