About The Mare and Foal Sanctuary
The Mare and Foal Sanctuary is the largest equine welfare charity in the South West peninsula dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of horse and ponies who have suffered neglect, abuse and trauma. We also deliver a range of equine assisted learning and therapeutic courses with our rescued horses and ponies. The Mare and Foal Sanctuary has 4 sites across Devon, a clear 5-year strategy and is ambitious for the future.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join the hard-working Fundraising Team. The Content Producer plays a fundamental role in communicating the Mare and Foal Sanctuary’s narrative and maximising the reach and impact of each story and campaign we share with our supporters and internal/external stakeholders. You will produce core content including photos, film and words in line with our tone of voice guidelines for a full range of fundraising and communications activities aimed at internal and external audiences.
- Identify and prioritise the production of new content opportunities in line with the Fundraising and Communications work plan and organisational objectives. Produce this content by collaborating with departments across the charity, including planning, research, interviews and organising photography and film as required.
- Create comprehensive case study packages including words, photographs and films about specific rescued horses and ponies and the people we work with to be used across our fundraising and communications activities.
- Create other professional content for the charity and tailor it for the relevant audiences. This includes writing press releases, website articles, social media posts, horse care information, campaign content, signage and any other work that is required. These should also be supported by photography and film where possible.
- Create high quality photographs and films to create in-house content, as well as planning and coordinating any external commissions with professional photographers and film production companies.
- Present our films when the need arises and be a key spokesperson for the Charity.
- Manage and enhance the charity’s digital assets library containing all photography and film, ensuring assets are organised effectively, labelled and are accessible to key staff.
- Manage media consent forms where case studies, photography or film involve people.
- Contribute to the development of the charity’s tone of voice and ensure all communications meet the requirements of our values and brand.
- Evaluate and report on the success of stories and campaigns, and build any learnings into future productions.
- Help provide appropriate content for press and media enquiries as requested.
- Keep abreast of development in the charity communications arena, identify new opportunities and embrace innovation.
- A qualification relevant to the post (media, communications or marketing) and at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- An excellent storyteller – able to demonstrate knowledge for creating and communicating content to tell stories in a compelling way.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to adapt to different audiences, channels and purposes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of proof reading / editing
- Experience of content management
- Experience of photography and film production
- Strong understanding of digital trends, SEO and the social media landscape.
- Ability to work under pressure, proactively manage competing priorities and deliver at pace.
- Flexibility and adaptability, with experience in fast-paced, collaborative environments
- A high standard of office IT competence and standard creative software and kit.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
- Able to work with a wide variety of colleagues and proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Culturally aware and able to act with empathy and diplomacy.
- Driving licence essential
The closing date for applications is 21st June 2021 with interviews anticipated to be held during week commencing 28th June 2021.
To apply for this job, please submit a CV including a detailed supporting personal statement explaining how your experience and expertise aligns with this role.