About The Mare and Foal Sanctuary
The Mare and Foal Sanctuary is the largest equine welfare charity in the South West peninsula dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of horse and ponies who have suffered neglect, abuse and trauma. We also deliver a range of equine assisted learning and therapeutic courses with our rescued horses and ponies. The Mare and Foal Sanctuary has 4 sites across Devon, a clear 5-year strategy and is ambitious for the future.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fundraising Team. The CRM and Insights Officer will support the Marketing Operations Manager. This will include all aspects of the management and administration of the Sanctuary’s CRM system and you will be responsible for interrogating and analysing CRM data sets and producing reports and actionable insights that inform the charity’s supporter-facing teams, fundraising campaigns, and key performance indicators.
Communications and Relationships
- Engage and build relationships with key internal stakeholders and CRM users to champion and promote the consistent and effective use of CRM across the organisation and build relationships with key external partners, particularly the third part CRM service provider team (currently Donorfy)
- Be an ambassador for the Fundraising and Communications team in all interactions with other departments, supporters, suppliers, volunteers, and the public.
- Participate in team and cross-functional meetings and build strong working relationships within and outside of the Fundraising and Communications team
CRM Administration, reporting and project support
- Manage the CRM generic mailbox and respond effectively and expertly to CRM user enquiries, escalating issues to the Marketing Manager as necessary
- Provide basic training and support to staff on the use of the Sanctuary’s CRM system
- Co-ordinate and take notes of the CRM Development Team Meeting and track projects and actions
- Assist the CRM Development Team with developing the CRM to keep pace with digital innovation and the needs of the Fundraising and Communications team and the wider organisation.
- Carry out routine file downloads and data transfers such as scheduled direct mail campaign and fulfilment files to the Sanctuary’s third-party fulfilment agency.
- Expertly use the CRM functionality in conjunction with Power BI (or other data management tool) to bring together data sources to create reports that provide actionable insights and clear visual metrics to provide a better understanding of supporter profiles, behaviour, and trends.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure data is up to date, accurate and compliant with all data protection requirements.
- Develop and deliver bespoke analytics reporting and dashboards as required by members of the Fundraising & Comms team.
Operations Management and Compliance
- Assist the Marketing Operations Manager with specific operational aspects of fundraising and communications work that ensures our marketing and engagement with third parties (constituents, suppliers, other organisations) complies with legal and regulatory requirements and is supported by appropriate robust systems and processes. This will include support in monitoring the Compliance Framework, particularly around data protection and compliance and assisting in compliance project work.
- Excellent IT literacy across the Microsoft suite of products is essential, particularly Excel and Power BI.
- Substantial experience of working with or managing a CRM or other database and a strong understanding of security of data.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and professionally to a variety of audiences.
- Able to develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, communicating effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer care skills and ability to liaise with colleagues, volunteers, the public and external organisations.
- A good knowledge of GDPR and data protection regulations would be an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of output.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new skills that will enhance job performance.
- Driving licence essential
The closing date for applications is 21st June 2021 with interviews anticipated to be held during week commencing 28th June 2021.
To apply for this job, please submit a CV including a detailed supporting personal statement explaining how your experience and expertise aligns with this role.