Our trustees are professional volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds. They help make a real difference to the lives of horses, ponies, and people.
Being a trustee means you have one of the most important and inspiring roles within a charity. With the Chief Executive you help set the direction of the organisation and are ultimately responsible for ensuring it achieves its aims.
Current trustee vacancies
We are seeking trustees with the following specialist areas of expertise to join us as specialist, co-opted advisors to our Board, with a view to becoming trustees:
- People and Culture
- Commercial/entrepreneurial expertise
We would welcome an application from you if you:
- have skills and proven expertise in one of the above areas
- want to develop your strategic skills and gain valuable experience at Board level
- are a strategic thinker, with ability to identify high level opportunities and risks
- have the ability to identify stakeholders, manage critical relationships and develop strong networks
- have good communication skills and would enjoy working as part of a close trustee board
- have an interest in progressing animal welfare
- have an understanding of financial accounts
- are a team player
- are confident in expressing informed opinion to enable consensus decision making
Trustees join the Mare and Foal Sanctuary on a voluntary basis although reasonable expenses are reimbursed for any travel associated with attending board meetings and development sessions.
Apply to become a trustee
To apply to become a trustee, please complete the application form below and return by email to [email protected] or by post to:
Executive Assistant to Chief Executive and Chair of Trustees
The Mare and Foal Sanctuary
Haccombe with Combe
Visit Our Sanctuary
Get Some Advice