For every equine we rescue, we must also ensure they have lifelong care. Our carers who rehome through our Sanctuary at Home scheme are a group of very special people who help make this possible for over 400 horses and ponies today.
Becoming a Sanctuary at Home Carer means you help provide a sanctuary at home for as many years as you can for a horse or pony from our charity on a loan basis. Rehoming is a very rewarding experience and enables space to be created at our peaceful sanctuaries for more horses and ponies in need.
What are the benefits of our Sanctuary at Home scheme?
The benefits of providing a sanctuary at home are three-fold – for the equine, for you and for the charity.
For the equine
- They can enjoy one to one care, love and attention at the home you provide, which could be at your own home, livery yard or other ideal setting
- They continue to have the safe sanctuary they deserve
- You join a group of very special people who support The Mare and Foal Sanctuary in the most amazing way
- You have access to friendly advice and support from our dedicated team whenever you need it
- There’s peace of mind should your circumstances change and you can no longer provide sanctuary at home
For The Mare and Foal Sanctuary
- Enables space to be created at our peaceful sanctuaries for more horses and ponies in need
- Helps sustain our work to rescue other horses and ponies, as you take on the routine care and veterinary costs of a previously rescued horse or pony.
- Enables us to connect more people together who love and value horses and ponies as much as we do