What are cookies?
Our cookies help us:
- Make our websites work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the sites
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Offer you free services/content
- Continuously improve our websites for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation and products
- For The Mare and Foal Sanctuary to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates
- To enable The Mare and Foal Sanctuary to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions, etc
- To enable The Mare and Foal Sanctuary to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our websites from a site operated by those parties
What information is collected?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of The Mare and Foal Sanctuary
How do I disable cookies?
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary mareandfoal.||Determines whether the visitor has accepted the cookie consent box|
|__utm.gif – google-analytics||Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor’s browser and computer|
|__utma||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics
|__utmb||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit
|__utmc||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit
|__utmt||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server|
|__utmv||Saves user-defined tracking parameters for use in Google Analytics|
|__utmz||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels
You can download the Cookie Notice here.
Date: 21 May 2020
Policy Review Date: March 2022